Improve Your Writing
You’ll find a variety of assistance through the Writing Center. Our experts can help you develop and support your thesis, understand a rhetorical situation, organize ideas, cite sources, improve clarity, revise, and incorporate peer and instructor comments. What else? Learn how to brainstorm and organize ideas, and how to create an outline for your draft. When you consult with the Writing Center, bring any information you have about your assignment: the assignment sheet, due dates, the course syllabus, your textbook, notes, research, and/or any drafts or outlines. A rough agenda of items to cover during your appointment and any questions you have can also help you get the most out of your writing consultation.
You can schedule a 45-minute appointment through , or ask the Writing Center consultant working at the first-floor library service desk if there are open same-day appointments. If you need to cancel an appointment, you may do so on TutorTrac up to 12 hours before the appointment. If it’s less than 12 hours until your appointment, please call us to cancel.
We welcome walk-ins during our unfilled appointment times, but recommend scheduling your appointment because we can’t guarantee that an appointment will go unfilled. Plus, you can always ask the consultant a quick question.
贵州快3计划员If you have a busy schedule, transportation issues, or would rather take care of business digitally, we have an online consultation service where you can submit email consultation requests 24/7. Please allow two to three days for your submission to be returned.
贵州快3计划员No matter which kind of consultation service you use, we’ll email a summary at the end of your appointment. You can also check your visit history on TutorTrac.
We will be closed August 2, 2019 through September 2, 2019贵州快3计划员. The hours for the fall semester from September 3, 2019–December 14, 2019 are:
Monday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday: 12 a.m.–4 p.m.
We will be closed October 21-22 for Fall Recess, and November 27–December 1 for Thanksgiving Recess. We are also closed during finals week to allow our consultants time to concentrate on their own exams and papers.
Helmke Library First Floor
Director, Writing Center and Library Service Desk
Helmke Library 110H
The Draft (Our Blog)
Plan, curate, and write using our tips and tricks in our blog, .
Follow the Writing Center on Social Media
Because we have a limited number of staff but serve all courses held at Purdue Fort Wayne, we must enforce several policies:
- You may schedule one appointment per day, per class. (If you schedule more than one appointment per day for the same class, the first appointment of the day will be kept and the following appointments will be canceled.)
- You may schedule up to three appointments per six-day period, per class.
- Please do not overlap submissions to the online consultation service and face-to-face appointments for the same assignment.
- Please plan to have no more than 10 pages of text consulted on in a single appointment. (If the paper is more than 10 pages long, please provide a 10-page range of text to focus on during the appointment.)
- Graduate students must meet with graduate student consultants or undergraduate student consultants that have been approved for graduate work.
- We do not provide transcription or dictation services.
- We do not provide proofreading or editing services.